Hosted by Assemblymember Anna Caballero & Salinas City Councilman Steve McShane
Time: 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Location: Salinas City Hall Rotunda, 200 Lincoln Ave, Salinas
For decades Salinas has suffered some of the greatest housing challenges in the United States. Chronic homelessness has made the situation worse. Solutions such as industry funded housing projects and the recent addition of the Monterey Bay Housing Trust have helped. However, the situation worsens by the day and creative solutions working with the County and State are required. This event is a community meeting on the topic of “State & Local Creative Housing Solutions.” A expert panel has been assembled to share the state of housing and public housing incentives and programs. Guests will hear from various organizations & individuals that have made their careers on the topic. Reports will be followed by discussion and ultimately, question and answers from the public.
- 5:45 PM – Event Admission
- 6:00 PM – Welcome by Mayor Joe Gunter
- 6:05 PM – Councilman Steve McShane: Event History/Event Overview
- 6:10 PM – Assemblymember Anna Caballero: State Policy Role/Experience/Ideas
- 6:20 PM – Megan Hunter, City of Salinas: City Report/Action & Policies
- 6:40 PM – Hugh Walker, Thrust IV, Private Developer: Commentary/Recommendations
- 6:50 PM – Dana Cleary, CHISPA, Non-Profit Developer: Commentary/Recommendations
- 7:00 PM – Q&A/Discussion
- 7:30 PM – Event Close
For more information please contact: Steve McShane, firstname.lastname@example.org or (831) 970-4141
We look forward to seeing you!