As your State Assemblymember, I will work with local health authorities, school districts and other entities to ensure that all are responding together to prevent and address risks associated with Covid-19. And I will quickly let you know if the situation changes.
Current advice remains to be:
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Clean your hands often with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when coughing or sneezing (or an elbow or shoulder if no tissue is available). Discard tissue and wash your hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
Stay home and do not come to work if you are sick with respiratory symptoms like fever and cough.
If you have symptoms of COVID- 19, please call your healthcare provider immediately. The State of California is also taking action to ensure residents have access to testing if needed. Free testing for COVID-19 is being made available, so residents who need it can have access to it regardless of health care coverage or immigration status.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19, please visit:
- California COVID-19 response
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- California Department of Public Health
- Santa Clara County Department of Public Health
- Monterey County Department of Health
- San Benito County Health & Human Services Agency
- Santa Cruz County Health Services Agency
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact my office online or call (831) 759-8676.
Donde quiera que viva, por favor siga las recomendaciones de los oficiales de salud por su seguridad y la seguridad de otros. Es crucial que cada residente haga su parte y evite la propagación del virus.
Lavarse las manos frecuentemente, por 20 segundos con jabón y agua.
Evitar tocarse la cara
Limpiar y desinfectar superficies frecuentemente
Mantener 6 pies de distancia con personas que están enfermas
Quedarse en casa si no se siente bien