Wildfire season is upon us. Our first responders are fighting to respond to the fire and the community’s need for assistance before and after this incident is over. My team and I have compiled the following resources to help you through all stages of fire season, no matter how this fire affects you and your family.
- Check CalFire’s incidents page or follow them on Twitter for up-to-date information on wildfires in your area. Sign up for their news releases to get the latest information sent to your email.
- Cal Trans Road Notifications: stay up-to-date on road closures due to wildfires on QuickMap. You can also follow them on Twitter.
- Sign up for County Alerts to be aware of emergency situations as they happen.
- It’s never too late to prepare for wildfires. If you’re unaffected by the current fire(s), then be prepared for the next one. Learn more at CalFire’s website.
- Returning home? Use CalFire’s Returning Home resources to get ready to come back home.
In Need of Assistance?
- Call 2-1-1 to be put in contact with community resources.
- CalFire has a list of federal, state, and non-governmental organizations (NGO) that can help you recover from wildfires.
My Salinas District Office is accepting calls and can help assist you in navigating this difficult time.